Quality Care Center Program
Every year, the RLS Foundation hears from thousands of men, women and parents who need help finding a knowledgeable provider, understanding their disease, or finding answers when their medications lose effectiveness.
To help address these challenges, in 2013 the WED Foundation launched a network of certified RLS Quality Care Centers. Centers are staffed by leading RLS specialists who provide expert care and specialized disease management. Through education, sharing of best practices and quality improvement projects, the Quality Care Center program aims to improve the quality of healthcare for all people living with RLS.
RLS Quality Care Centers:
- Are recognized as RLS specialists so patients can use their services
- Serve as information and referral resources for regional support groups and for primary care providers who treat patients with RLS
- Promote understanding of the patient and family role in quality care improvement through educational offerings and print materials
- Share information with other Centers to improve clinical best practices
- Partner with the RLS Foundation on quality improvement projects to raise the standard of care for patients everywhere
Quality Care Centers are renowned for outstanding performance in the field. To achieve certification, Centers undergo review by the RLS Foundation Medical Advisory Board and must demonstrate a high level of expertise and experience treating the disease.
How to apply for Quality Care Center Certification
See a list of RLS Quality Care Centers
Supporting high-quality care: what you can do
Your support is needed to promote effective treatment for everyone. You can help by making an annual gift designated for the Quality Care Program (in addition to other support you provide the Foundation). Please consider budgeting a gift according to your means. Your pledge, in any amount, will be put to good work toward improving care for people living with RLS. Donate to the Quality Care Program.